28.1.14

Funkytown

I've been in a funk lately. We all go through these types of emotions and moments of self-doubt. It's transient like everything else, I know, but this thought doesn't bring me comfort. I've slowly evolving my thoughts and my life to what I want to do. I do things that make me happy and hold my attention for long periods of time without causing me to become bored. I've noticed that the things that I'm using as tools of procrastination on have brought me more opportunities than the actual school work I should be doing. Don't worry Mom, I still have a good GPA. :P

All of these thoughts (I'm not going to list them as there are too many) have been percolating my mind. I've become more involved in the art community, both on the internet and in real life, than I ever have been in my life. The times when I'm still, but still working, seem like a waste. Why do I have to read this book on Frankenstien? I have more important things to do. I've been spending all of my free time curating this world I want to inhabit. Slowly, it is taking shape around me. You may not think that 2-3 new followers a week on YouTube or Twitter mean a lot, but they really do. I get excited at every. single. comment, view, reply, favorite, like, share, WHATEVER that I receive. Lately, more and more of these things have been happening. About a week ago, I hit 100 channel views on YouTube, which to me is a lot! I've had my channel for a month and a half now. Any progress is good progress, ja feel? Outside I've been busier than ever. At times I still feel like I'm banging against a brick wall, but the moments that chip that wall away make all of the banging worth it. Cheesy and awkward metaphor count for this post: FULFILLED. Today was the first day in three weeks that I've had a calm day to catch up on editing and writing for this blog and let me tell you...it feels good to be back!

A couple of days ago I stumbled upon this video featuring a speech given by Tavi Gevinson, a 17 year old writer, singer, actress, and activist extraordinaire for the arts.  I've never felt more inspired and humbled by a high school senior. She says everything that we're all thinking so perfectly and so hilariously.  Please, watch the video below.




PS. This isn't meant to be a depressing blog post. I just hope someone can relate and know that they're not alone. Feel free to message me and we can talk it out whilst comparing our favorite brands of chocolate and favorite actors.

ALSO! Here's my new video for this week. Enjoy!!


Love you all....toodles ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye